How would you like to experience the best Louisiana has to offer, all at one central location? Check out this brand- new festival, “Experience Louisiana” on October 17-18 at the campus of Louisiana State University in Eunice. This innovative event will focus on the things that make this state so unique: the food, music, arts, and of course, the people, in all their diverse ethnicities and cultures.
The Experience Louisiana Festival will highlight the best of Louisiana’s different regions. Visitors can explore many interactive, hands-on exhibits in the “villages” that will be set up, such as:
- Folklife Village: Louisiana’s diverse folk history will be showcased with artisans demonstrating their traditional trades, giving guests the opportunity to learn about the State’s culture and history.
- Musicians’ Village: Cajun musicians of all levels will get the chance to play some traditional songs that have been a part of Louisiana’s diverse music culture for generations.
- Food Village: Where you’ll get to sample some authentic Louisiana cuisine. Several renowned chefs from Louisiana restaurants will be on hand, demonstrating their skills.
- Craft Village: Featuring authentic LA fine arts items, crafters will be demonstrating their skills at the festival. Coordinated by the prestigious Louisiana Craft Guild.
- Film Village: Louisiana film-makers will be on site, highlighting and discussing their work.
Another interesting festival feature is “Walk-Through Louisiana”, an area set up to showcase our state’s diversity and many charms. Here, communities, parishes, tourism centers, etc. will be on hand to educate visitors about their respective regions, hoping to convince attendees that their region should be the next stop on their To-Do List!
Come tap your toes at the main stage, where you’ll get to enjoy Louisiana’s iconic music styles performed by a variety of wonderfully talented musicians. You can also enjoy several athletic events and a classic car show.
Now, you won’t find carnival rides and games at this unique festival, but organizers promise that there will be plenty of hands-on activities to keep the young ones occupied and entertained. So pack up your family and friends and be one of the first to experience this new event that promises to be not just a festival, but an exciting, unforgettable experience not to be missed!