Company is coming and New Orleans is putting out its welcome mat. In fact, all of Louisiana is ready to welcome close to 150,000 fans and media to watch the Ravens and the 49ers battle it out. The date is February 3, 2013 but preparations have been going on for over a year with the new streets and new sidewalks in the French Quarter and downtown, over $300 million in renovations at the Louis Armstrong International Airport, and the extension of the streetcar line.
Now, if you are looking for rooms in New Orleans, you have a slim chance of getting them. Here are some tips:
- Go to Kayak.com and see what they show (if anything).
- Then go to the different chain websites (Hilton.com, Marriott.com etc.) and see what they have.
- If you have a favorite hotel, call them directly and ask for the in-house reservations department, ask if they have rooms and be ready to put up your credit card for non-refundable rooms.
- Call the different B&B’s in and around New Orleans.
- You can check EBay and Craigslist, but be very careful that you don’t get scammed.
- The biggest tip I can give you is if you find a room, book it. Don’t wait. Also check into Travel Insurance just in case you have to cancel due to weather or flu.
If that doesn’t work for you, there are plenty of great destinations within an hour plus of New Orleans that have rooms and plenty to do to keep you busy. By the way, it’s Carnival time in Louisiana and there are Mardi Gras parades all around New Orleans on Super Bowl weekend (not in New Orleans on Super Bowl weekend). Click here to view a complete Mardi Gras Parade Schedule for Orleans Parish, St. Tammany Parish and Jefferson Parish. For other parishes, please click the destinations below and you will be directed to their content page on TourLouisiana.com. From there, you can click on their website.
Here are a few Louisiana destinations that, as of this date, have rooms available for Super Bowl:
St. Tammany Parish
Slidell and Covington
St. Mary Parish
East Baton Rouge Parish
West Baton Rouge Parish