If you read my first blog, you saw that I am searching for the best gumbo in Louisiana.
Before I start rating the gumbos, two things had to happen.
1. I needed to eat as much gumbo as possible
2. I needed a rating system and an icon to help give the rating system a special look.
Well, I did the first and we created the second. Meet Croux. Croux will hold a spoon or spoons in his claw. The higher the number of spoons, the better the gumbo. If Croux has no spoon…No Gumbo for you.
0 Spoons: Bad Gumbo
1 Spoon: Just Okay
2 Spoons: Good
3 Spoons: Very Good
4 Spoons: Excellent
5 Spoons: The Best
The ratings will be based on (in order of importance)
· Temperature (serving temperature)
· Enough stuff (if it’s a chicken and sausage gumbo, I want to see plenty of chicken & sausage)
I am very particular with my gumbo. Here are some of my likes and dislikes:
· No rice in the gumbo
· Not a big fan of okra in my gumbo
· When I get seafood gumbo, I hate getting pieces of shells
· I prefer a darker roux
· A two or three day old gumbo is better than a new gumbo