Why visit New Orleans this summer? It’s hot. It’s not Mardi Gras time. There’s not much to do. Well you’re wrong (well not about it being hot, but it’s hot almost anywhere you go in the summer).
Here’s why you should visit New Orleans this summer:
1. The rates will never be lower than they are during the summer. Rates as low as $60 for some great French Quarter hotels. (see note below)
2. It won’t be crowded and you will be able to get a reservation at your favorite restaurant.
3. Check out these great festivals:
• Tales of the Cocktail 2011 July 20, 2011 – July 24, 2011
• Satchmo Summer Festival August 4, 2011 – August 7, 2011
4. You can walk the streets of the French Quarter with the beverage of your choice (paper or plastic only) to help you stay cool.
To get the lowest rates this summer be as flexible as possible with your travel dates and stay away from the weekends. Go to the hotels website for the lowest rates. Don’t expect to get the lowest rates during any of the events listed above.
Who is that mapped man? It’s the Louisiana Travelin’ Man.